A bond with a sister is always special, and a lot of memories are attached to this bond. She is like your other mother. She is your first friend, who is your partner, who shares with you, who loves you and who saves you from mother’s anger. She is your lovely sister. She is special in every way because she is always with you. On her upcoming birthday, tell him how much he means to you. Give her a gift that makes her heart melt. And here, we have found one that will surely melt his heart—a homemade chocolate birthday cake for sister. Chocolate is something he wouldn’t say no to. Anything is made of chocolate; it tastes perfect. No matter what the dessert is, if it is served with chocolate, it is sure to be left after one bite. Here is a simple and easy chocolate cake recipe which you can easily bake at home. So let’s get started!
For the cake
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter softened plus extra for the tins
- 4 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
For the buttercream
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter softened
- 400g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease the base and sides of two 20cm round baking tins and line the bases with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, add 200 grams of caster sugar, 200 grams of soft unsalted butter, 4 large eggs, 200 grams of self-flour, 2 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, van tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp milk and a pinch of salt until yellow.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Pour 100 grams of sliced milk chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 secs. Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 5 mins.
- Combine 200 grams of softened butter and 400 grams of icing sugar.
- Sift in 5 tbsp cocoa powder with a pinch of salt and pour in melted chocolate and 2 tbsp milk. Mix again until smooth.
- On a cake stand or large plate, assemble the cakes together with half of the buttercream, then spread the rest on top. Decorate with chocolate shards, if you like.
- Your delicious chocolate cake is ready to serve! Make sure you invite all her close friends to make her feel extra special.
So, that was an easy-peasy chocolate cake recipe which you can easily bake at home and make her feel special. If by any chance you are busy with some other preparations then do not worry, you can always order a chocolate cake or any other flavour cake online and get it delivered right at your doorsteps. Happy celebrations!